Direct Cremation £1525
A direct cremation involves taking the deceased directly to the crematorium in a simple coffin.
There are no family and friends present and there is no formal ceremony.
The cremation process is no different than a traditional attended cremation. Everyone is cremated individually and the ashes collected separately at the end.
At H & A W Palmers Ltd. we cannot compete with an online company. Using one of these companies could mean your loved one traveling across the country in search of the cheapest deal; always ask the location of where your loved one will be held and where they will be cremated if you are thinking of doing so.
All of our Direct Cremations will be held at West Suffolk Crematorium.
We still provide our exceptional care and personal service.
What our Direct Cremation includes.
- Doctors’ Fees
- Cremation Fees
- Simple veneer coffin
- Availability of a 24 hour service by our professional staff.
- Handling administrative tasks and securing all legal documentation.
- Conveying your loved one into our care during normal working hours, within 20 miles of our premises.
- Providing care for the deceased person prior to the funeral.
- Use of our Chapel of Rest for family and friends when viewing is requested by agreed appointment.
- The attendance of the Funeral Director and a pallbearer for the cremation.
- Collection of ashes from the crematorium.
Possible extra costs
Conveying your loved one into our care outside normal working hours, or further than 20 miles of our premises.
If your loved one is larger over 22 stone or 6’6” they are likely to require a special coffin.
Why choose H & A W Palmers Ltd.
Although we cannot choose the date and time of the cremation, we will always inform you of the details as soon as we have them.
We will always use our hearse to travel to the Crematorium, not a private ambulance. Should you wish to stand along our route to say a final farewell as we journey onto the Crematorium this can be arranged.
If you would like to send flowers with your loved one this would always be an option.
We can help and advise of on placing an obituary press notice if you wish to do so.
With our direct Cremations, as with any of our funerals we would never charge extra for you to come and visit your loved one unlike other funeral companies.